Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I would like for you to met Ian

Ian is a sweet little boy that my friends Gretchen and Craig are adopting from Russia.

They have already been to his country once to meet him and are close to getting ready to go back again to bring him home. 

Ian's region is expensive.  VERY EXPENSIVE.  The Stewarts have to raise a lot of money to bring this cute fellow home. Once home they can comfortably care for Ian but like most we don't have 48k just hanging around.
 To SAVE Ian it is costing 47,566.00.
Gretchen has an unbelievable break down of where every penny has went to or will go toward at her website
Gretchen wants the fundraising to be over. 
She wants to be able to concentrate on other things.  So when a friend presented her with a puzzle that reminded her of Ian and Ari playing stick ball, Gretchen felt it was God telling her it was the last piece to "solve" the problem of raising the thousand of dollars in such a short time.
So she ask for help from 10 friends


Ten friends that would help carry the torch to Raise the Ransom ( thanks for the catch phrase Adeye).  All we have to do is raise 100.00 by asking 10 people to donate 10.00 (to get their name on a piece of puzzle that is in the packet) and then pass the packet on to another person.  That person has to raise 100.00 (asking 10 people to donate 10.00) and then pass the packet on.  My packet needs to get to 10 people in order for 1,000.00 to be raised for Ian and for 100 puzzle pieces to be filled.  With 10 packets out there - 10,000 dollars would be raised if everyone did their part.  (Leaving them 2,000.00 short)


Did you get all that??????

I had to read it a bunch of times before I could get it myself.

It requires a lot of faith.  Everyone has to participate in order for it to work.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

All of that to get this little guy across the ocean.



Gretchen ask me why I was MOVED to help and I told her all I had to do was look at Gavin. See Ian has Down Syndrome and WE believe he deserves a chance at LIFE.


Gavin wants his new buddy HOME so they can HANG together.

Tim and I already raised our 100.00 (okay we donated it) and we have already filled out our puzzle pieces, but I don't want to pass the packet on. For one thing I'm a control freak but God placed Gretchen and Ian on my HEART and I just can't let the packet go.  I just need 90 people to each donate 10.00.

Seriously.

It isn't that much.

You donate.  I don't have to pass on the packet.  Gretchen gets her money NOW instead of later and everyone is happy.

Will you help us?

Be a LIFE SAVER with us?

I just need 90 people to donate 10.00 each.

Or 45 people to donate 20.00 each.

Or 23 people to donate 40.00 each.


Doesn't that sound a whole lot easier???
Please.

Will you be the Hands and Feet of Christ today?

You donate Here  let me know you donated and I write your name on a puzzle piece. 



That best portion of a good man's life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts Of kindness and of love.

Will you help my friend Gretchen bring her little guy home?

2 comments: